Last Updated: November 16, 2020
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE AND/OR OFFERINGS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
1. Types of Information We CollectWe collect two types of information about our users: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and Aggregate Information.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII): This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on this Site, such as registering for an account, downloading or purchasing a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in the user forums, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
The personal information that we may collect includes your full name, mailing address, billing address, phone number, email address, and credit card number.
When you subscribe to our service through our Site, we will collect your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and other information that we request during the registration process.
In addition, if you communicate with us regarding the Site or any of our services or products, we collect any information that you provide to us during the course of our communication.
Aggregate Information (Non-Personal Information): This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We may use a third party to help us gather and manage certain information about you based upon where you visit on our Site and what other sites may have directed you to us and to also help us optimize our Site and measure the effectiveness of our advertising, communications, and use of the Site. We may use web beacons and cookies (described below) for this purpose. This information, which is collected in a variety of different ways, is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. The non-personal information that we may collect includes your browser type, the URL of the previous website you visited, your ISP, operating system, what browser you are using, your Internet protocol (IP) Address, click patterns, and the dates and times that the Site and our services are accessed by you. The non-personal information is not used by us to personally identify you and is not readily usable for that purpose.
2. How We Collect and Use Information
We do not collect any PII about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain PII to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include:
- registering for an account on our Site;
- signing up for special offers from selected third parties;
- sending us an email message;
- submitting a form or transmitting other information by telephone or letter; or
- submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our Site.
We may also collect certain Aggregate Information. For example, we may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer our Site, and to gather demographic information.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some aspects of the Site may not function properly if you elect to disable cookies.
4. Do Not Track
We do not monitor, recognize, or respond to any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals. Further, we do not authorize third parties to collect any personally identifiable information about individuals who visit our site without separate consent
5. Release of Information
We will not sell, trade, or rent your PII to others. We do provide some of our product and service offerings through contractual arrangements made with affiliates, service providers, partners, and other third parties (“Service Partners”). We and our Service Partners may need to use some PII in order to perform tasks between our respective sites or to deliver products or services to you. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on this Site, release your address information to the delivery service to deliver products that you ordered, and provide order information to third parties that help us provide customer service.
Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide PII to the appropriate governmental authorities. In such cases, we will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also provide Aggregate Information about our customers’ sales, traffic patterns, and related Site information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information
6. Updating and Correcting Information
We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the PII that you have provided to us. You may change any of your PII in your account online at any time by linking to your account in accordance with instructions posted elsewhere on this Site. You may also access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by emailing us at:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
Please include your name and email address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your PII if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, some information, such as past transactions, logs of technical support calls, or other information may not be deleted. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
7. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information
We may, from time to time, send you emails regarding new products and services that we feel may interest you. In addition, if you indicated upon registration that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us and our partners, we may occasionally call or send you direct mail about products and services that may be of interest to you. Only Company (or agents working on behalf of Company and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these solicitations and only if you have previously indicated that you wish to receive them. If you do not want to receive solicitations from us, you can “opt-out” by accessing your account online and editing your account information to no longer receive such offers and mailings. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have choices with respect to cookies as described above. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
8. Security of Your PII
At our Site, you can be assured that your PII is secure, consistent with current industry standards. We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your PII. For example:
- We work hard to ensure that the data we collect is reliable, accurate, complete, and current. We encrypt all PII during transmission in order to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information when it is transmitted to us. We also keep collected information indefinitely and use it only for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
- We limit access to PII only to specific employees, contractors, and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your information. For example, we may provide members of our technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with the Site. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Additionally, we also employ a number of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect PII. Our secure servers and our data centers are protected by industry-standard encryption and our servers reside behind firewalls.
- Finally, access by you to your PII is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone.
In order to most effectively serve you, order fulfillments are handled by established third-party banking institutions and processing agents. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and
- the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Consequently, Company shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosures of personal information due to no fault of Company including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of Company staff and/or third parties.
In the event of a data security breach where unauthorized parties acquire data that compromises the security, confidentiality, or integrity of the PII maintained by us, we will immediately notify you if your data was affected via the email you provided to us. If your email information was affected from the breach, then we will send you a notice to the mailing address you provided to us.
You must be at least 18 years old to have our permission to use this Site. Our policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose PII about minor visitors.
You should also be aware that when Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, email address, etc.) in any public areas on this Site, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages (including unwanted spam messages) from third parties. Such activities are beyond our control and this Policy does not apply to such information.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer